Life can be pretty tough; that’s a given. We all go through our own trials and tribulations. And let’s be honest, at some point, we’ve all wanted to give up and just throw in the towel. But that’s where faith steps in.
Having faith can be a powerful thing – it can give us the strength to keep going even when we’re facing seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
Trusting God in difficult times can seem like an impossible task, and it’s easy to forget why it’s important or how to even do it in the first place.
If you find yourself feeling helpless or discouraged, never fear! The following seven steps will help you stay faithful in any situation, no matter how dire.
Through God’s grace and guidance, you can get through anything, if you have faith and trust Him.
What does the Bible say about trusting God in hard times?
The Bible is an overflowing cup of encouragement, hope, and guidance in difficult times. It’s super clear on one thing: God calls us to trust in Him even when it doesn’t make sense. But what does that actually look like?
Here are 7 steps to get you started, straight from the Bible:
- Pray: Start your day by communicating with God. Express your feelings and worries and ask for courage.
- Read His Word: Spend time reading, listening, and meditating on Scripture – especially scriptures that talk about trusting God in hard times (e.g. Proverbs 3:5) It is also important to confess God’s word over the situation instead of negative confessions. Remember His Words are spirit and life. John 6:63
- Remember his faithfulness: Recall specific ways God has been faithful to you in the past and thank him for it. Remind yourself that He’s still the same today.
- Talk to Someone: Share your struggles with a friend or family member who can provide wise insight and encouragement. Most important is seeking the help of the Holy Spirit.
- Be patient: Waiting patiently on the Lord is never easy, but it’s a key part of trusting Him in hard times (Psalm 27:14). Believe his timing is perfect!
- Take courageous action: Trusting doesn’t mean sitting idle; rather, it means acting with courage based on what God has revealed to you so far.
- Rest assured in His plan: Rest assured knowing that no matter what happens, God will use everything—even the most difficult situations—for good (Romans 8:28).
Following these steps will help you grow closer to Him, keep your faith alive, and have hope that things will work out alright—even if it takes time.
How to Build A Relationship with God
How do you fully trust God?
Ah, trusting God – the cornerstone of faith and the reminder that it’s all in His hands. But how exactly do you do it?
Well, the way forward is to remember that He knows more than you do. After all, He works in mysterious ways, and sometimes what we think is right isn’t what He has planned for us. So here are 7 steps to stay faithful:
- Pray – Prayer is a great way to connect with God and express your wants and needs. Pray even when you feel like He’s not listening – it helps keep you grounded during tough times and reminds you that He is in control.
- Read the Bible – God’s Word provides the comfort and guidance we need in difficult seasons. Make it a daily habit to read Scripture so that you can better understand His will for your life.
- Surround Yourself with Encouragement – Find a community of people who support your faith, remind you of its importance, and encourage your growth as a Christian.
- Set Goals – Go beyond just praying by setting goals for yourself such as attending church or reading the Bible each day. Having tangible reminders of your faith helps to strengthen it during hard times.
- Practice Gratitude – It can be hard to find joy in challenging circumstances but try to look on the bright side each day by recognizing what God has done for you and practicing gratitude accordingly.
- Engage Your Faith – Keep learning more about Christianity! Sign up for classes at church or attend conferences in order to deepen your connection with God and His Word even further.
7. Trust Yourself – Remember that you were given free will by God – use it
How do you trust God in hopeless situations?
Truth be told, trusting God in difficult times can seem impossible. We’re faced with heartache, pain, and hopelessness—and yet, it’s expected that we trust God even when things look bleak. But how do you even begin to do that?
Here are a few steps toward learning to trust God in those tough moments:
- Pray. God invites us to come talk to Him and tell Him all our troubles and worries, no matter how small or large they may seem. Talking to God often helps us make sense of our situations and can help us find peace and comfort in the midst of trials.
- Look for the good in all things. By looking for what’s right instead of what’s wrong in a situation, it’s easier to trust that God has something good planned for us in the end.
- Be patient with yourself and with others. Life is full of ups and downs, but it’s important to remember that life is a journey—not a sprint—and it’s OK if it takes longer than expected to get through hardship.
- Spend time reading your Bible every day. The Bible is full of stories about hope, perseverance and victory over challenging circumstances—so take time to read these stories for encouragement even when things feel impossible!
- Take action where you can but don’t try to solve everything on your own — remember that God is always there for you! It’s ok if a situation seems out of your control or too complicated—God is more powerful than any force at work against us!
- Spend time with other believers who are supportive and understanding – lean on one
How do you trust God in all circumstances?
We know what it’s like to feel overwhelmed and powerless in the face of difficult times. The key is learning how to trust God in all circumstances. To do this, here are 7 steps you can take that will help you stay faithful:
- Pray – Take time to talk with God on a regular basis and invite Him into your daily activities. Asking God for strength and wisdom will bring clarity and peace to your situation.
- Read The Bible – Spend time every day reading His word and letting it shape your life in powerful ways. This will provide comfort, help, and direction during hard times.
- Listen To Others – Look for guidance from trusted sources like trusted family, friends, or pastoral care teams who share their advice or experiences with you in a supportive way.
- Practice Self-Care – Stay mentally healthy by taking care of yourself physically as well as emotionally. Find ways to relax, exercise, and nurture yourself during tough times.
- Find A Community – Being part of a faith-based community can help motivate you to stay strong in tough times and further your trust in God’s plan for your life.
6 . Be Thankful – When feeling helpless or powerless focus on what you have rather than what you don’t have—give thanks for the small things still going right and offer that up as an offering of faith to Him instead of a complaint about what’s wrong in the world today!
7. Let Go & Let God– Remember often that trusting God means surrendering control over things beyond your control–because ultimately our lives are not our own–they belong to Him!
Taking it one day at a time, and trusting God in difficult times is a courageous act. As we inhabit the faith promised to us in the Bible, we can be assured of God’s perfect plan and provision in our lives.
He has promised us a future and hope, and that no weapon formed against us shall prosper. So take a deep breath, take a step back, and take a look at the bigger picture. And remember: no matter what life throws at you, don’t forget to trust God. After all, he knows what he’s doing.